Sunday, September 6, 2009

Half Triathlon- I did it!


My sister Kenice, sister-in-law Karen, and I decided 6 months ago that we wanted to try to do a half triathlon to get us motivated to get in better shape. Who knew, but I actually love swimming! We started training back in March, and I really enjoy swimming, but the bike kicks my butt. The race was on August 29th, and although my physique hasn't changed like I want it to, my energy and ability have increased, and I was able to complete the race and beat the time that I had set for myself. It was really fun too! Way to go sistas! By the way, my cute niece Hailey did the child's race and was awesome, and that is Adam's brother Dave in the picture as well, he rocked it!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Good for you guys! That is awesome!

Mary said...

Way to Go, Hollie! That is awesome! I hope you celebrated big time.

Joy said...

You are awesome. Triathlons freak me out. So I think you are GREAT!!