Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring Break in St. George






After Easter, the kids and I headed down to St. George to spend the week. Kenice, Mitsy, and I went down with our kids and had a blast hanging out with the family. We were able to get 3 day passes for free to the Rec Center Kaysha works at. We went swimming almost everyday. We played basketball, went rock climbing, watched Jarom & Z's baseball games, went to the park, went shopping at the outlets, sewed pajamas with grandma, made a fort on the banks of the river mom lives by, and went to Zion's National Park. In Zion's we took the kids on a small hike. We rode the shuttle all the way to the top (which was a good 45 minute ride with all the stops). We made it up there with no problems, but within a few minutes of getting off the shuttle, Hadlie ran her hand across a wood fence and ended up with slivers all over her hand, and Cy took the spray sunscreen and sprayed it right into his eyes! Poor little guy! After some work, and food, and potty breaks, we finally started the hike. The hike was gorgeous and the kids did great, but the shuttle back down was long and kids were tired and annoying and fun and lovable Aunt Hollie turned into a grumpy witch. :) Fortunately the self-acclaimed favorite Aunt Waynsh (aka Kaysha) was there and she gave me a chill pill. Aside from the shuttle ride, the trip to Zion was fun and memorable and I would totally do it again.
The other thing I wanted to mention about this spring break was how wonderful my mom and dad were all week. They had a houseful to say the least and they were kind and patient the entire week. Also, my mom spent time teaching my girls how to sew, and helping them make pajamas which my girls absolutely love and wear all the time. I am planning to take pictures of them in their pajamas so I will post them later. Thanks to the St.George crew for having us! We love you all and had so much fun, just wish you lived closer. PS Kaysha, what are you guys talking about?

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I believe that Kaysha is the favorite aunt. She is pretty darn cool :)

Kaysha Alesa said...

"What are you guys talking about.. It better not be me"..
Love you Hollie.