Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to School... Man, I have cute kids!





It's about time I posted about back to school! Ryllie is absolutely loving 2nd grade. Her teacher is Mrs. Davis and our first impression of her was at Back to School Night. We walked into her classroom which is decorated in a pirate theme, and there was Mrs. Davis dressed up like a pirate saying, "Ahoy Mateys, Arrrr ya ready to learn!" Hilarious! We instantly loved her. Ryllie went on a treasure hunt to learn her way around the classroom and then at the end her teacher gave her a treasure (a treat bag with gold chocolate coins and goldfish crackers).
Maddux is so lucky to have Mrs. Burk. Ryllie had her also and we think she is just the best kindergarten teacher ever. When you take your kindergartners on the first day, they have a "BooHoo Breakfast" for the parents, and I'm sure many of you know someone or have been a parent yourself who cried at your child's first day of kindergarten. NOT ME! I was ready to do a few hallelujah shouts, a jig, and some cartwheels at Maddux's first day of school. Not because I don't love her dearly, but because she is in constant need of entertainment. She has been such a happy girl getting to spend 3 hours a day at school, and I love the quiet and the chance to clean house before my busy girls (who seem to mess it up in .5 seconds) get home. I have to comment too on Max's first day of school outfit, she picked it out herself (not mom's taste), and she loves it so much that she wants to wear it everyday. I have told her it needs to washed even though it is clean and folded and hidden in my closet! I'll pull it out after a week or so. :) LOL!
Cy started preschool, and of course loves every second of it. He has been learning his letters and sounds and is getting pretty darn good at it. I swear by the Leapfrog DVD called the "Letter Factory". If you don't own it, buy it! I have him watch it daily and he loves it, and all my kids have learned their letters and sounds from that DVD. It's awesome!

2 comments:

Kaysha Alesa said...

Jealous of your kids teachers. they sound so cool. Cutie pics. Love Max's outfit. :)

Mommy said...

Adorable kids, of course. I love the pic of them on the top of your page too! I swear by that movie too! I learned my ABC's all over again watching it. Love the songs. lol Hmmmm........ I didn't cry when you started school either.:D