Saturday, June 6, 2009

33 is gonna be my Lucky year!









I told Casey as we headed to Vegas for my birthday getaway that this was gonna be my lucky year because 3 is my favorite number and I am turning 33 so twice the luck! Yeah, I should have knocked on wood.


The weekend was great. My mom & sisters watched my kids for the weekend, and I have to give a HUGE thank you to them for all they did for me and my kids. I know it isn't easy to take on 4 kids for 3 days, so thank you thank you! Over the weekend we stayed at the Red Rocks Hotel and loved it. The room was huge and beautiful, the pool was amazing, the hotel had a movie theatre, a 60 lane bowling alley, an arcade, a food court, etc. It was huge! We were able to golf, swim, eat at the Steakhouse, Geri's nugget, visit Fremont street and see the Gordie Brown show, saw Fleetwood Mac at the MGM, and even catch a movie. Like I said, the weekend was great, and I really appreciate Casey for planning such a fun weekend for us. We got home Monday morning, and my birthday was Tuesday.


So on the official day I turned 33, my lucky year began with Maddux and Cy having a yogurt fight. I had just finished bathing and dressing Cy, and my kitchen was clean, so I was ticked off at them for that one. I know, it's funny now to imagine my kids sliming yogurt all over each other, but at the time, not funny. Then I decided to head to the gym. On the way to the gym I was headed down AF main where there are several cars that park on the side of the road and as I was driving down the street I hear "BANG!" I look over and my side mirror is shattered. I drive up to a safe place to pull over and look at it. I still can't figure it out. Either I hit someone else's side mirror (I would have to be awfully close to the cars to do that), or someone started opening their car door as I was passing, or a tree branch or some other obstuction hit it. Anyhow, I have never had this happen before but decide that I better go make sure it wasn't me that hit someone elses car. I drive back and look at the cars parked on the road and I can't see any damage so I go to the next light to take a left so I can turn back around. A delivery truck with extended side mirrors is driving the opposite direction and "bang" hits the other one! I didn't cap the second bang because it didn't hit it hard and only left a small scratch, but I swear I have never had a side mirror hit, let alone 2 in five minutes time! I suddenly had this strange feeling that I need to go home and not leave the house that day. :) The worst part for me was hearing how much it was going to cost to fix the mirror. So my 33rd year didn't start off as lucky as I would have hoped. :)

5 comments:

Jan said...

Oh my gosh...what a funny story! I can't believe that! I once had 2 tires go flat at different times on me in the same 30 minute drive, but yours takes the cake. Your trip sounds divine. I love fleetwood mac, were they awesome??? I enjoyed reading all your posts. I have been a blogging loser lately. Too tired at night and May kicked my behind with all the end of school stuff. Life is NOT slowing down as I keep hoping it will! You look gorgeous in the snapshot Casey took of you two!

Jan said...

P.S. Happy Birthday! Shoot...that means mine is around the corner! I hope your year really IS lucky!

The Burninghams said...

Bring on the good luck!!!

Joy said...

I am jelous that we didn't go with you guys. Your hotel looks awesome and it sounds like you had a great time. Bummer on the actual birthday. Hopefully, the luck with still come. Happy Late Birthday!

Whitaker Family said...

Looks like a fun time! I am sorry that your B-day was crummy though. Maybe your luck will be that that will be the only crummy day of the year!