Monday, June 29, 2009

I donut know where Hadlie is!

Every year our family goes to the Orem Summerfest night parade and carnival. We always park at Cuckoo's house and walk over to the parade. During the parade the missionary mall people were coming past and throwing out ties. Ryllie caught one last year so we were determined we were gonna get another one this year. So Casey & I stand up and start yelling like we are five trying to get one, after 30 seconds or so they had passed and we did not get one. We were crushed, not really, but we looked back and Hadlie is not on the blanket! Oh Crap! I forgot for half a minute that I have a child who doesn't know the meaning of "stay by mom". I look back by the church behind us and notice my little girl coming back from this table some people had set up that had food on it, and she hit the jack pot!

Isn't she a cute little thief? I looked around for someone to tell them sorry but NO ONE ever came to that table, and there was no taking the donut away from her. Cy kept saying he needed one too. After not seeing anyone ever come to the table, I was tempted to let him go get one too, but I didn't. Hadlie was nice enough to share with him. LOL! I guess I need to remember to keep a better eye on that girl. I do feel fortunate she didn't go far in that crowd of people. I would have been a panicking mother if that was the case. But the donut story is pretty funny!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

The title of this piece is pretty funny too! Doh! She could have charmed a free one off of the donut people if they had been there to tell her No. It is her beautiful smile and those eyes...

Kaysha Alesa said...

I donut blame her.... oooooohhhh Donuts. Doh!