Sunday, July 19, 2009

4th of July Parade!




We invited Jordyn and Summer to sleep over and come to the parade with us Saturday morning. This is the first time Summer has slept over and despite going to bed after midnight, she was still awake by 6am waking up the whole house! Needless to say, we were NOT late for the parade this year. :)


The Whitakers and Crysta's kids were also at the parade, so that made for a great time for the kids.
I have to say, I have always loved going to the parade simply because of the atmosphere. I always tend to get emotional as I feel extreme gratitude for the country that we live in. I am grateful for the freedoms we enjoy. My dad always took me to the parade when I was a kid and taught me the important of patriotism and I am hoping that through the years my own kids will feel that gratitude for our country and for all those who serve so honorably to protect and defend our country.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Keep your love for this country alive. It will be needed to defend our freedoms. I could go on, but I won't.
Adorable kids.

Kaysha Alesa said...

I slept through this madness.