Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend in Scofield

Every year our family goes camping up in Scofield on the 22 acres of land the Hansen family has. The weekend is always a "whoever wants to come, come" open invitation. Most years we have quite a few friends and family come up, but I knew this year would be different because well, hmmm, who really wants to camp in SNOW! Not me! Casey says, "We are going, it's tradition." So I loaded up the trailer and off we went. When we pulled into the property it looked like this.


Yes, my kids are building a snowman, I felt like I was in Idaho again with all this snow at the end of May.

Kenice's family joined us Saturday for the afternoon, and then Marshall and Noelle came up that night and ended up staying until Monday with us. We ended up having a blast, and the fishing was killer. They found the sweet spot and Cy and Summer both caught their first fish, and their second fish, and their third fish, and you get the picture.


Cy and Hailey

Dallin and Kenice

Summer's first fish!
What cute kids!

6 comments:

Jan said...

So excited to hear from you and see your blog. Your kids are stinkin cute and I can't believe how LONG it has been. This will be an awesome way to keep in touch. I cannot believe your hubby spontaneously cut his hair. That is hilarious...I have yet to run into my kids cutting their own hair probably cause I threaten them that they will have to get a boy haircut if they do! Well is was so fun to hear from you and "You know that I love you like CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!"

Renee said...

Great pictures! I am laughing so hard and the hair cutting story. I saw Max earlier today and didn't even notice - I am sure Casey's haircut will be much more obvious! Hope you got some rest after your long night! Talk to you soon!

Shea said...

Holy snow! I was also dying laughing over the hair-cutting story; Casey is hilarious.

I'm still as sick as can be. Hopefully just a couple more weeks?!

Heather said...

Hey Hollie! It was so great to hear from you on my blog! You really should call Kyle and have him help you get a Silhouette. I love mine! We should plan a play date sometime...since we are practically neighbors!

Kikibug said...

HELLO! So glad we found each other's blogs! I love blogging and will probably get to know more about you from this than from the family functions.
You are so tough to go CAMPING in the SNOW! This year has been nuts huh!
The picture of you girls room is darling and EXACTLY what I want to do with Carma's room! But first I want to get the ultra sound to find out if the girls get a bigger room or the boys.

Janell said...

That sounds like a blast! I love camping...even if it's in the snow! You have such a great blog. If I need a great laugh from a very cute story, I just always turn to the Hansen Happenings blog and you never disappoint!