Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Grandpa Hansen is my Favorite!

We had a scare with Grandpa this week. His heart was failing and after going to the hospital they put him on a medication which put him into cardiac arrest, and they ended up performing CPR for six minutes and shocking him twice. They were able to get him back, and we rushed over to the hospital and Casey gave him a blessing. When grandpa was awake he was highly medicated and although it is not out of the norm for him to be joking around, his joking around was beyond silly and we were so grateful to be able to sit with him and laugh. He had surgery the next morning and it went well and he is now home and on the upswing of things. The experience was scary for me. I know he is getting older, but the thought of him dying just tears me up! Grandpa Hansen has been such a huge influence in my life, and his ALWAYS optomistic attitude and sincere love for everyone inspires me to try harder to be more like him. I am very grateful to our Heavenly Father that He has let grandpa stay with us a little longer.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

We are glad he is doing better. He is a great man. It must be the Hansen name. Your great grandpa Hansen on my side was great too.
We wish him many more years of healty living.