Monday, March 9, 2009

Good Friends

I mentioned that my family was sick for a couple of weeks. We have all been feeling better for about a week now, and I have been thinking a lot about my friends and neighbors, and have been feeling like I ought to write my thoughts down. While I was sick, I was brought bread by my dear friend Darci, I was called and checked up on by my other dear friends Renee, Kristin, and Julie. My friend and neighbor Michelle is always willing to help me out with Cy. Renee picked up some chicken at the store for me so I wouldn't have to leave the house sick. My friends and neighbors Sara and Julie let Maddux play at their houses for hours. Etc., Etc., Etc.,

I could go on & on about the service and love I have received by all my good friends in the neighborhood. I feel so priveleged to live in this neighborhood and to have friends that look out for me, and I want them to know how grateful I am to have them in my life. When Casey and I were looking for homes, we drove down the street to look at this house, and neighbors were out waving at us as we drove by. We knew instantly that we needed to be here.

I know Heavenly Father has blessed our family so much through the actions and love shown by our ward family.

3 comments:

Kenn and Natalie said...

I'm glad you are all feeling better. I love hearing about service, thanks for sharing. It makes me want to go out and serve!

Mary said...

I think this is a case of what goes around comes around. You are always so kind and friendly and thoughtful. We are lucky to know you and live near you, too.

Mommy said...

can I move in? JK I like my neighbors too. Kaysha and Ashley are really quite nice. I am grateful for your neighbors too since I can't be there to help. Love you, mom