Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandmas

I have two wonderful grandma's who have birthdays one day apart! Grandma Hansen's birthday was yesterday, and grandma Allen's birthday is today. You would think this should make it easy on me to remember, but I wrote them on the wrong days on my calendar, and so I called grandma Allen a day early, and grandma Hansen a day late! Doh! I sure look up to both of these wonderful ladies. They both have made a tremendous impact on my life and what kind of person I want to be. As you can see by the pictures, they are both wonderful to my children, and they both have the touch, all my kids love them dearly.
Grandma Carma Allen is who Hadlie Carma is named after, and Grandma LaRayne Hansen is who Ryllie LaRayne is named after. We want our kids to know that we named them after these two women because they are so important to us, and we would love them to grow to emulate them.
Grandma Hansen: thank you for all the fun visits, and for helping me with my kids, and for making me toast during the girls dance classes, and for unforgettable Sunday dinners, and for all the cooking lessons, and for the pep talks! We always listen, because you always have good advice! We love you!
Grandma Allen: thank you for all the times you took care of me, and for life lessons that will NEVER be forgotten. I still remember the family home evening lesson you taught me when I was 11 years old on finding good in others. You are a wonderful example to me!



3 comments:

Kenn and Natalie said...

Thanks for the reminder Hollie. You are always so good at remembering things like birthdays!! You are the best!

Mommy said...

I have been playing phone tag with grandma today. I sent her a card but I may have been a day late on getting it out. I love reading your posts about birthdays. Thanks for the tribute to these women. I love my mommy too.

Mitsy said...

They really are great women aren't they! Both so pretty too! :)