Monday, April 7, 2008

Grandpa's 80th Birthday











Yesterday was Grandpa Hansen's 80th birthday. He has meant so much to our family. He is a wonderful husband to grandma, and loves her dearly. He is creative and inventive. He made a kite for all the great grandkids and they had a ball flying it yesterday. I have only known grandpa a little over 8 of those 80 years, but I feel that I have known him my entire life. He genuinely loves people and can always make us smile. He always has a joke or a crude song to sing (he was in the Navy). He remembers everyone he meets and has a phenomenal memory. I feel so close to him and have always been able to talk to him easily. He is a person that everyone feels comfortable with. Grandpa and grandma have always been a great example and I know that Casey has considered grandpa to be his best friend his entire life. So a tribute to grandpa and to many more years. You know you have to live to be at least 180! We love you!

2 comments:

Shea said...

He's such a cute grandpa. That's so neat that he's so close to Casey.

Karen and Gerard said...

Very nice tribute to grandpa! I'm sure he's happy you appreciate him and he can enjoy your family.