Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What Happens in St. George stays in St.George (at least the kids do)

We packed up our bags and headed down south last Wednesday. First stop was in Payson? Yes, we were picking up my super cute dad and taking him down to Mesquite so he could enjoy some free rooms (guess you get those kind of perks when you are a senior). It was a nice drive down, and I loved visiting with my dad, we rarely get 4 hrs to just talk, so I really enjoyed that. Second stop, Cedar City (for gas and a potty break). Third stop, St. George. Mom & dad rocked and watched our kids while we went to the Tuacahn on Wednesday & Thursday nights (Les Mis was phenomenal). They also watched them while we went golfing. I hadn't golfed for a year, but I had fun even if I was a little rusty. Friday Casey & I drove to Las Vegas. Casey's mom & sister came down to help with Hadlie so we could go out, and Kaysha kept Ryllie, Maddux, & Cy in St. George. Kaysha was super aunt waynsh AGAIN! No one can keep up with her auntly coolness. She took my kids to the park, to swimming pools, Jarom's derby and football game, Costco for pizza, and Wendy's, and let them watch the coolest of new released DVD's (Ariel's new movie). Cy is dang lucky he was potty trained by this trip, she doesn't allow the diapered to come to rockin' the aunt style party weekends. Thank you Waynsh for being so sweet to my kids, and letting me have a little fun too. For cute pics of the kids in St. George see Kaysha's blog. Anyway, when we got to Vegas we checked into Trump Towers. Did I st-st-stutter? That's right TRUMP towers. Yeah, it was blinging it, and we have never stayed at such a nice hotel. There was a TV mounted in the mirror in the bathroom with a water proof remote so you could sit in the jetted tub watching the tube! Isn't that sick? The bed was super comfortable, and we spent most of Saturday in bed.....sleeping. No really, its true, we were seriously sleeping the day away and didn't even feel bad cause the room was just that nice! On Friday night we ate The Steakhouse in Circus Circus. Tyrel and Amber came down on Thursday night, so we got to hang out with them at dinner and watch their cute boys play games. Casey & I went to the Palazzo and watched "the Jersey Boys" which was an awesome show about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. I loved it! After that show, we ran to the Wynn and watched LeReve with Tyrel and Amber and Noelle. It was, of course, AMAZING! After that we went to have cheesecake at the Cheesecake factory. It was a packed and fun night. Saturday night, Casey took me to Prime at the Bellagio. We have been there a few times now, but when you find something that good, you go back! We have had bad luck finding good restaurants in Vegas, but Prime is good and I love watching the watershows from the windows. It's also kinda fun to have a reason to get dressed up once in a while. After dinner, we went to the Lindsey Buckingham concert. He and Stevie Nicks made up the band Fleetwood Mac back in the day. He was great in concert and we ended the evening at the cheesecake factory again! Man, there cheesecake is HEAVEN on earth! Sunday we headed back home. 1st stop- eat at Wolfgang Puck restaurant (overrated in my opinion), and about poo my pants at the bill. 2nd stop- Mesquite to pick up my cute dad again. 3rd stop- St. George to get my cute kids and give my mom, dad, sister, and nieces and nephews quick loves. 4th stop- Cedar City for gas and Maddux needed to go #2. 5th stop- Nephi for potty break. 6th stop- Payson? oh yeah, dropping dad off. And then finally home.

6 comments:

Kaysha Alesa said...

Holl the Choll. No fair. So FUN!! I much prefer Costco Pizza to Prime. Glad you had fun. I really like that pic of you and Larry.

Renee said...

I am so glad that you had a great time you look just as beautiful as your husband is hot! I am glad that you enjoyed yourself away from the kiddos. Sounds like an exausting weekend...back to reality!

Mitsy said...

You suck! The end. lol. JK. It looks like you had so much fun! You look gorgeous in that pic Holl! You deserve a fun weekend like that. You are a rockin sister and thanks again for helping me yesterday. :)

Heather said...

You do suck! You didn't tell me you were coming into town!!

Kenn and Natalie said...

I am amazed at how many fun things you guys do! You are always so brave going places with your kids(or without). I need lessons from you, we stay home too much because I'm nervous about taking 5 little kids along. I'm glad you had such a good time. Wow, that room looks amazing!!!So fun!

Anonymous said...

Hollie!!! I think we may have been at Les Mis the same night, or w/in a few nights of each other. What are the odds... great show, saw a couple of other people there, my husband mocks because I know someone everywhere we go "Can't take you anywhere!!..." he mocks!

So glad to see your link on A's new blog, I have one, but it sucks because I'm a clueless blogger, but fun to see your updates. I'm catching up w/you w/kids. Having #3 girl in Jan so I have Bailey-5, Chance-4, Reagan-2, and new girl in Jan.

Hope you're great, email me when you have a minute. Katerogerson333@hotmail.com

xoxoxo
Kathryn Kate Frame Rogerson : )