Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's Day!

I wanted to play a prank on my family this year, so this is what I came up with. I made some cornbread muffins and "frosted" them with sourcream and added sprinkles to make them look delicious! Casey was at Young Men's when I gave the kids their delicious cupcakes. Their faces were hilarious! Cy started spitting it out all over my floor, and Max started to gag! Classic! When Casey got home the kids were in bed, and I knew it was going to take some convincing to get him to eat a cupcake. A few days ago he told me not to make any more treats, and not to buy junk food because he is trying to eat healthier, so I knew he'd be upset if he thought I made more junkfood to tempt him, soooo.... I told him the neighbor made them. He said he wasn't going to eat them, and I told him that it was kind of rude not to at least take a bite, so if they asked him how they were he wouldn't have to lie. That didn't work. A little while later I said, "I am not letting this perfectly good cupcake go to waste, they were so good, and made from scratch, so I'm going to eat it." He says, "go ahead." So I peel back the cupcake wrapper and put it where he could see it, and say, "are you sure you don't want to take a little bite?" He gives in and says, "Okay, give it to me." Then he takes a big bite, and then looks at me, as a huge smile spreads across my face! He starts to laugh, and says, "I can't believe you got me! I am smarter than this!" Needless to say, I laughed for about an hour!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Oh I am laughing so hard right now! Love your convincing wifey ways!!! How funny! All I could think to do was to put rubber cockroaches in my kids lunches! You are the april fools master!!! Remember when we ran around the greenbelt at ricks in our bras on april fools? Remember barfing oatmeal everywhere too? Yea...we were pretty awesome!!!

Mommy said...

She learned it from the master of the April Fools jokes. Or at least I loved to prank everyone that day and I thought I was the master. I love that you got Casey sooo goood. hahaha

hollie said...

Love it! So funny! Such a great day, glad you enjoyed it too! Sorry we didn't hit the reunion this year-I am not super social while I wait to pop-lol! Let me know how it was...

Melanie said...

I'm so impressed that you managed to trick Casey! I have never been able to trick my husband - I'm beginning to think he's immune. Or maybe I just can't keep a straight face - yeah, that would be it.

Mitsy said...

I forgot to tell you how funny this story was. I read it aloud to Mike and Dad and they were cracking up. lol.