Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School




Ryllie has officially begun her first year of full day school, and Maddux started preschool today. So, I've been reading some of my friends blogs about how they have teared up as they watch their babies grow up and go to school. Hmmm, not me so much, I take Ryllie to her first day of school and take her to her class, and then I'm like "seeya, have a great day". Then the rest of my day at home happens with the 3 that are still not in school. First couple of days go by, okay, I can handle this, then the 4th day Hadlie decides to cry all day as I am trying to get ready for the family to go to Bear Lake. Thats when I tear up about my cute first grader going to school. Now I have no one old enough at home to put on Hadlie duty! (tear drops decending). Seriously, what kind of mom am I? But, I am very proud of Ryllie because she is such a smarty, and totally rocks the house! I took Maddux to preschool today (the same preschool she went to last year) and she just jumped out of the car and ran in like usual, like she was thinking "oh yeah, i haven't been to preschool in awhile, well, see ya mom". First day of school, you also want to put your kids in some cute new clothes, and doll them up a little, but not Max, she wanted her denim skirt she wears at least 3 times a week, and her Hannah Montana shirt. Whatever.


6 comments:

Mommy said...

It is nice to have the kids back in school. I think they get really bored by the end of the summer. Kaysha's and Ash's pool is still open and we rarely go there anymore. I guess those things we look forward to the most seem boring after while. I laugh at Maddux and her clothes because she is much like her mom. You need to stop wearing your brown shorts. JK

Kaysha Alesa said...

Cute girls! I relate so much on this post. I cried after three days of them being in school and finally realizing it.

Kenn and Natalie said...

I love your recent posts. You have been a busy woman! That is so fun that you got to see Jan. I wish I could have been there too! Maybe we can set something up at Thanksgiving or Christmas, we will be there for both!

Love ya!

Christie Moak said...

Our kids are going up so fast. I can't believe we have 1st graders and pre-schoolers(I don't know if that's a word). It seem only like yesterday we were taking pictures of Ryllie and Hallee together when they were just babies. TIME FLIES!!

Jen (Maddie Lou Beanies) said...

Hi Holly! What beautiful kids you have! I found you off of katie's blog, it looks like you are doing great. p.s. I have a daughter named Hadley too, funny huh!

Jan said...

Okay Hollie...you crack me up. At least you are honest and not all mushy like everyone else (including me)...People mostly put that they cry when their kids leave on their blogs so they can sound like a good mom anyway. I, on the other hand, am REALLY a good mom...not a fake one! Just kiddin. Love Max's style...that girl knows what she wants. Remember how much style we had in college with our chapstick necklaces and plaid flannels? Common...you know where she gets it!!!