Friday, August 8, 2008

Wednesday Funday at Hogle Zoo


Cute little HooHoo.


Momma & Baby Giraffe

Look at the size of that Boa behind Ryllie


Only 2 1/2 years old and almost the size of a gorilla.


That is a black bear behind them.


Maddux and the white alligator.

This week was our last Wednesday funday for the summer. We went with my neighbor Kristin and her kids to Hogle Zoo. I have really enjoyed having these little field trips with my kids this summer. Sometimes as a mom I feel like all my kids hear from me is "clean up your messes", "practice your piano", "play nice", "no you can't have icecream for breakfast", "because i said so", " I am gonna spank your butt!", "1...2...3..", "put some clothes on!", "no you can't wear your pajamas to school or church", "hurry, get in the car, you are going to make us late!", etc... Taking these breaks with my kids helped me to be their friend and also enjoy them. They are growing up so fast and I love, love, love watching them and listening to them. They are my joy! Hogle Zoo was fun, and I liked hearing what animals my kids like best. Ryllie liked the snakes and lizards, my little Tomboy. Hadlie liked the loud birds, they sounded just like her. Maddux liked the monkeys and playing on the playground. Cy liked the Rhinos. They had this little touch & smell kiosk and it said to press this button and then smell. When you pushed the button it smelled like Rhino. I about passed out it was so disgusting. Who does this to kids? Poor cruel joke! I glanced around to see if there was a hidden camera getting peoples reactions to smelling this fart, sweaty, grassy poop smell. Just in case I announced very loudly, "you couldn't pay ME to smell that again, but I'll give a quarter to whoever wants to smell it." Of course Ryllie jumps at the chance to get a quarter and goes and smells it again. Gross. The baby giraffe, and the gorillas were my favorite. Something about those gorillas... reminds me of someone... can't quite put my finger on it. They are large and hairy, with dark eyes, big teeth, big hands & feet...hmmm who could it be?

6 comments:

Kaysha Alesa said...

You know what strangs is that I pay my kids a quarter to smell Uncle Sean. and they keep going back for more quarters despite the rhino smell. hmmm. Adorable pictures, and how fun are you!!

Mommy said...

Is this a name that smell contest? The hairy gorilla? Is it dad? Is it granny? I don't know. I have smelled that way a time or ten. If I guess right can I have a quarter? You are a fun great mom. I am proud of my cute daughter. So the hairy gorilla can't be you. The pictures are once again, Priceless.

Jan said...

That is so funny. I'll have to remember to try out the rhino smell next time we got to SLC. Maddux is so cute and that white alligator is creepy looking. You are so funny...i miss your humor. You haven't changed a bit. We could have some good laughs. Hope youre having fun in yellowstone.

Janell said...

You seriously are the cutest and most fun mom ever. I aspire to be like you! I miss your guts!

Katie said...

I am so bummed I missed fun Wednesday again. We are finally back from Idaho so lets get together!

Michael and Kari said...

Wow - I can't believe how big Ryllie got! She's such a beautiful little girl! Too bad she goes to a different elementary from Jared! Hopefully she's enjoying first grade as much as he is!