Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yellerstone! Yeehaw!

I knew postin' about this here trip would take a bit so I've been puttin' it off fer a few days. So here goes the good ol' trip of the west with the Hansen's & Whitaker's.We packed up our wagon and hit the road.
First stop was Montpelier, Idaho. We were fixin to stay at the KOA, and the kids decided they needed to bathe, so here is Max takin her bath.

In Montpelier, we toured the Oregon Trail museum, and was sure surprised at how little things have changed since the pioneer days. I mean, we were roughin it in the trailer with little cell service, and no TV. Isn't is crazy?
Here is Hadlie relaxin' after catchin' our supper in the river behind her. She done good, caught 2 good sized trout with a stick and some string.
Casey had his eye set on this here moose.
The scenery in Teton National Park aint too bad.
We had pushed our oxen up to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and found ourselves at Gros Ventre, a primitive campground. No, no, no this would not do for Casey & Adam so we hauled our mules, and oxen, and children to the Snake River KOA. We roamed around town for a bit, and my children hit the jackpot at this candy store.
That first night the tent sites were full at the KOA so the Whitaker's piled in the trailer with us. We were actually all quite comfortable, except for the smell coming from all the feet.
Cy, Maddux, & Dallin on the Snake River while the older kids and parents were river rafting.
The kids dancin at the Bar J's. I reckon they are the funniest durn cowboys I ever met.
My cute family at Hidden Falls, at Teton National Park

How cute is this picture, and you should have seen the way Cy sucked on his sucker after the squirrel sucked on it. Just kidding!
The men in my life, aren't they tough. Cy hiked all the way to Inspiration Point and back without one whine, he would've been a good pioneer.
Them cocktail waitresses are real hussies.
I told Casey his buttocks looked like bigfoots.
Finally in Yellerstone. And of course, we HAD to go to the Playmill Theatre. We saw "Oklahoma" one night, and "See How they Run" the next night. We had so much fun, and I found the secret to keeping Hadlie quiet is to give her a piece of red rope licorice. We loved all the treat and icecream shops in West Yellowstone. The Huckleberry everything was great, and Casey even found a place that sold his favorite Cinnamon Italian Sodas.

Bambi!
Old Faithful.
On the way back we stopped to see my old roommate Jan in Rexburg. We have kept in touch but had not actually seen eachother in 12 years! She now has 5 kids and is still as beautiful as ever. I had so much fun visiting her and meeting her kids. It felt like no time had passed at all! When we left Maddux cried for 10 minutes about how she wanted Lizzy to come with us. We had to offer her a candy at the gas station to get her to stop crying. Jan, I love you! Let's not let another 12 pass before seeing you again! Rexburg had changed a lot, and the new temple was magnificent!


We went to Bear World since we didn't see any bears or wolves in Yellowstone, but Casey wouldn't let me take any pictures of the bears, not even the one that put its paws on my window. He said we were cheating and these aren't real wild bears. What a dork! But the place was pretty fun, they had kids rides and a fun petting zoo, and the kids thought it was pretty cool to pet a deer.
Last stop was Lava Hot Springs. We love this little town. We all had fun at the Hot, and I mean Hot! Springs. Maddux found a little platform that she made her stage and was singing and dancing for all the people in the pool, it was hilarious. Well, that wraps up this trip. I kindof tired out of trying to talk in the old west lingo but this is my largest post EVER and has taken way to long, but it is done, and i will go now. Buh bye.

9 comments:

Kaysha Alesa said...

Hollie,I laughed the whole way through this! You crack me up. It looked like so much fun. Still wish I could have gone. Oh, and I always thought Casey looked like big foot.You have some AWESOME pics.

About Me said...

Looks like you had a great time, Brady and I are thinking that would be a great vaca to go on.

Mommy said...

Ahh, the great outdoors. It looks beeutiful. Who wouldn't have a fat-tastic time? The smell of the campfire, the stars, the vittles, the stinky feet, peein in the woods. Yes, good times, darn good times. Wish I'd been there.

Mitsy said...

I love it Holl! You look like you had a blast! You got some great and some interesting pictures. lol. Thanks so much for your help today!! Loves and hugs and have fun camping AGAIN!

Jan said...

Man...you guys know how to vacation!!! I am still amazed you did all that in one week (or was it a little longer). Glad you did bear world...my kids love that place. And yes, Casey is right they aren't true wild bears, but the kids could care less. They are just trying to get through it so they can do the kiddie rides. Your old west lingo was amazing. I was imagining you in buffalo skins with a neckerchief. You rock...girl. And lastly thank you SO much for including me in your treck. It was so much fun to see you and your beautiful family. I am so glad we are keeping in touch better now. You are still hilarious, gorgeous, and "Hot Hollie" just like I remember you. E-mail me the picture of us if you get a chance. Love you!

Whitaker Family said...

Fun Hol! I need to get some of those pics!

Renee said...

Wow, that post made me tired! I still love that you had cell phone connecton while hiking so we could chat! Great pictures! Your kids are troopers.

Mary said...

That looks like the most amazing trip to Yellowstone ever!

Michael and Kari said...

Hey Hollie! It looks like you guys had a great time at Yellowstone! I'll have to pick your brain whenever we get the nerve up to go - it's been on my hubby's list for awhile! Cute blog by the way!