Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grandpa Kenn Christmas!







On December 14th, we had our Christmas celebration with my dad. This party was freakin fun! Casey made a fried turkey and we had delicious food prepared by all the siblings. I made the Ruth's Chris sweet potato casserole, which is my FAVORITE! After dinner we all swapped gifts, and dad gave us all money and brought all the kids his traditional boxes of goodies. The kids love it. My dad spent his career working for the postal service, and although he is retired, he still uses the good ol' priority mail boxes for the kids treat boxes. After the gifts, we had a mini talent show so all the kids could perform their recital pieces for my dad, then my family all practiced the lip sync to the Osmond's "Sleigh Ride" song we are performing at the Allen Christmas party this year. We were all laughing so hard, and I am so grateful to have such fun brothers and sisters. They are my favorite people to be with and I'm pretty lucky. My dad totally rocks too. No, he really does, he has played in several rock bands, and amazes me with his musical abilities. But, he rocks in other ways too. He has never been one to force his opinion on me, or tell me what how he thinks I should be, and whatever decisions I make in life, he supports me and is always there for me. He treats me with respect, and talks to me like an adult now, but I kinda miss that little kid voice he use to always get when he talked to me when I was a kid. I still get to hear it though when he talks to my kids. Everyone who knows him knows what I'm talking about. :) I am so grateful for a wonderful dad, a wonderful family, and for super cool nieces and nephews.

1 comment:

Mitsy said...

I made dad read this and he was smiling the whole time. :) Love the pics and love you Holl.