Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Year's Eve Weekend






Our family went down to St. George to spend New Year's and Casey's birthday. It was such a fun weekend, here is a little recap of what we did. We drove down on New Year's Eve and hung out playing games at my mom's house. The Whitaker's and Smith's also came down for the weekend so my mom had a full house and was a wonderful and generous host to all of us. By 10:00pm, Casey was nearing his bed time so we went back to the hotel. The girls stayed at Kaysha's with the girl cousins, and Hadlie and Casey fell asleep at about 11pm. I have always loved New Year's Eve, I love the excitement and the staying up late, but since I have been married and had kids, I am almost always the only one awake watching Ryan Seacrest or something on TV at midnight. Lame-O. Last year Casey took us to the Hilton in Salt Lake for fun and he and the girls tried to stay up till midnight, but again, I was the only one watching Salt Lake City's fireworks out the window of the Hilton. It was hilarious because when the fireworks got loud, Casey jumped up and was like, "What's that? What's going on?" I just started to laugh and said, "It's fireworks! Happy New Year!" He went back to sleep. So, this year I decided to take Cy with me to St. George's First Night, and we had fun listening to a band, and walking around, and watching fireworks. So this year I finally got a New Year's kiss.

On New Year's Day, Casey & I went golfing. I seriously rocked at golfing that day. I haven't been golfing in a looong time, and I was so proud of myself, I even made an impossible putt (it was purely luck), but it was AWESOME! You will have to ask Casey how he golfed that day. :)

That night we had a wonderful dinner with ham, sweet potatoes, baked potatoes, salad, etc... Thanks mom again for being such a wonderful host, oh and a wonderful mom, grandma, friend, etc...
My mom gave each of the girls one of her old pieces of jewelry and they still think that it is the coolest thing ever.

1 comment:

Mitsy said...

New Years sucked for us this year. Everyone was partying there and I was stuck here STILL PREGNANT! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun though. I'm just a little jealous. :)