Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Maddux! and Happy Birthday Grandpa Mike!












Maddux turned 5 on December 29th and Grandpa Mike turned 35 again! I can't believe that 5 years has passed since I had my darling Maddux Christine. When she was a baby we called her Maddie Moo Moo and when she turned about 2 and would try to say her name she couldn't get the D's right so it sounded like Max. So she is now called Max way more frequently than Maddie, but the name fits her like a glove. Maddux has always been our family comedian, she doesn't even have to try, she is just naturally funny, kind of like her dad and her Aunt Waynsh. She loves playing with her friends and asks to play EVERY DAY! She is starting to read beginner books, and just began piano lessons. I am so proud of her. She is a sweet girl, who just says the funniest things. Tonight I told her not to whine (all my kids are good at that) and she says to me, "but it's so easy to whine". LOL! She is so much fun, and I am so grateful for her. And although I think her birthday lands on a crappy time, right after Christmas, I think she enjoys sharing her birthday with her cool grandpa. I was really sick on her birthday so Casey took her & Ryllie to the movie. She had a friend party just a few days ago and we went to Classic skating. A bunch of her friends moms came to help me out at the party and we had a great time.

4 comments:

Renee said...

What a great party! I haven't been skating in years...we will have to go again! Happy Birthday Max...and I do think that nickname fits her perfectly!

Mommy said...

Happy birthday to my little helper Maddux. I had so much fun having a sleep over with you at the hotel. You are my favorite Maddux in the whole world. Love you, Grandma

hollie said...

Hey Hollie-it's Hollie. (I love that!) What a cutie! Don't forget that Ty is 6...never hurts to have plans right? Birthdays at classic staking rock. You must be the best mom ever!

Mitsy said...

I'm sad I couldn't be there. I haven't been skating in forever! I sure do love you Maddux and can't believe how old you are getting!