Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 2 of December

Holy Cow! Once you get behind on the blogging it is hard to catch up. There is so much to write about. Week 2 of December had a few events worth blogging about.

1- Jessica & I had our primary class over for a Christmas party and we had dinner and played games. We played the White Elephant game, and my favorite (random) gift there was a box of staples. I had a great class this past year. Such good kids who know so much about the gospel! I taught the 11 turning 12 year olds, and they all taught me more than I could have ever taught them. I will miss them all!
2- On Thursday I went to the Relief Society Christmas Dinner. So the Sunday before they sent around a signup for people to help decorate the tables and bring dinner plates, etc. They needed 8 tables, and when I got the signup there had only been one volunteer, so I'm like "Oh, no biggee, I can bring a tablecloth and some dinnerware, and I'll just throw a candle for the centerpiece". So I get there a few minutes early and discover that all the others who volunteered to do tables are making them look beyond incredible. Fancy centerpieces, little gifts or chocolates on each plate, beautiful napkins, and even fancy coasters. All the tables looked AMAZING! So now, I'm feeling like an idiot as I find the very farthest back table and start putting my LAME table together. Seriously, I wanted to just crawl under the table, and you know I didn't sit at my table. As people came in, and NO ONE sat at my table I just looked around the room like Ralphie acting like it wasn't me. So Embarrassing! Well, I guess now I know, and I can start brainstorming now how to make a table look great for next year. Other than that, the dinner was wonderful. I have such fun friends in the ward, and the singing group Vivace were fun to listen to.
3- On Friday, Casey & I went to dinner with his office at Spencer's. We had a nice time, and the kids were able to go to the Hogle Zoo with Mike & Lori, and Noelle & Marshall. They loved it, and maybe one of these days I can get a hold of some of the pictures of that night.
4- Ryllie's piano recital was Saturday the 13th. Casey had practiced with her tirelessly all week long so that she had it memorized and perfect. On Saturday morning she played her piece PERFECT. We were so proud of her. She played the "Chipmunk Song", you know the one that gets stuck in your head, but you can't just think of the song in normal voices, you think of it in those chipmunk voices, "Christmas, Christmas time is here! Me I want a hula hoop!" By the time her recital was done all I could think of was "AAALLLVVINN!"

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So funny about the table settings! I did exactly the same thing when I did it one year - and I was IN CHARGE of the whole event! We must be related!

Mitsy said...

"Rahllie the rain" is such a cutie and so talented. I love her a lot and am glad she is my niece.