Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Conference Weekend= Scenic Canyon Drive and Sleeping Kids

After the vehicle saga last week, conference was just what I needed, and I am so grateful for the talks on humility, living with what is sufficient for our needs, and Pres. Monson's talk on making the most of today so we don't have a lot of empty yesterdays. I also loved Elder Wirthlin's talk about laughing instead of getting angry when things don't go our way. I love the stories he told about driving south and not realizing they had taken a wrong turn till they saw the Welcome to Nevada sign. Although it was 2 hrs of back tracking they laughed, and made it a memorable time rather than a bitter time. I couldn't stop laughing when he told the story of his daughter and her blind date. What a great conference! During the second session on Sunday, we (along with half of Utah County and it appears Grant and Karen too) drove the Alpine loop up American Fork canyon. The leaves and scenery were breathtaking and pictures don't do it justice but here are a few. The kids (except Ryllie) all slept peacefully on the drive and we really enjoyed taking a ride on this beautiful fall day. Loved it, didn't even hate it.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

So pretty,
I love fall, my house is fall colors. Browns, yellows, oranges..

Mommy said...

I love the fall too. I start thinking Christmas as soon as school starts. Conference was humbling, as you said. I am always grateful for what we have but it never hurts to be more grateful and observant of our blessings. I was reminded how grateful I am for my family, all of you. I think those of us who wanted to listen heard what we most needed to hear. Love you, mom

Mitsy said...

The pic of your girls is so cute!