Tuesday, October 14, 2008

THE weekend



This past weekend our family went to Casey's cousins wedding. Casey only has 4 cousins. They are on his mother's side and the youngest cousin Victoria got married. Victoria's nickname is Toe, and her new husband Jesse's nickname is Moses. I don't know Toe very well, and it was the first time we had Moses, but we wish them the best. They were married in a teeny-tiny-itsy-bitsy-town called Spring Lake (it is the suburb of Manti if that gives you any indication of how teeny this place is). It was a gothic wedding, which was a first for me. They were married by a pirate (or a friend dressed up like a pirate, not sure), and it was outside and FREEZING. Moses wore a blazing red tux, and Toe wore a sleeveless dress and I'm certain she was freezing, but she looked pretty. The drive out there was pretty, and our family stopped in Ephraim at the Malt Shoppe to have lunch. The Malt Shoppe was the first place Casey & I ate after we were married in the Manti Temple, so it was fun to take all of our kids there. On the way home from Toe's wedding, we stopped at Julie's parents house in Payson. Her dad grew a bunch of pumpkins and invited all the kids over to pick some. They loved being able to pick their own pumpkins right out of the patch. For some reason Cy thinks that pumpkins are called pumpkin pies. "Look mom, look at my pumpkypie", it makes me laugh everytime. That night Casey took me to see Eagle Eye, which was really good, (thanks Mistilyn for babysitting). And that wraps up THE weekend.

Maddux cooing at baby Jerrett.

3 comments:

Kenn and Natalie said...

That sure sounds like a unique wedding!I'm glad you had fun. Yes, we are coming for Thanksgiving! We plan on being there the 24-29th. I would love if we could all get together!

Kaysha Alesa said...

That is it!! I am sooo doing a goth wedding for my next one. What a clever idea! In fact, I think I will do mine on a boat with a plank. Then if anyone gives any lip... Splash!! Wonderful.

Mommy said...

I was womdering what you wear for a goth wedding. Black lace? A nose ring? Just kidding. It sounds interesting though. I love the punkinpie patch pics. I heard Cy call them punkinpies while he was here and thought he had just slipped up. Guess not. hehe