Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Deer Hunt 2008

The "Deer Hunt" according to the Hansen's is a weekend of hanging out, fishing, skeet shooting, playing at the park, driving through Capitol Reef, eating a lot, and occasionally hunting a deer. We go down to Torrey, Utah right outside Capitol Reef and stay at Thousand Lakes RV & campground every year. Our family stays in the trailer and everyone else stays in cabins with TV's and shower, it's really "roughing" it. :) I couldn't narrow the pictures so I'll just briefly tell about the trip by captioning the pictures.


This picture was taken right after we ate breakfast at a restaurant in Torrey. Brady, Allison, Noelle, Mike, Lori, Kelly, Janet, & Corey all came down, oh and our kids too.













Kelly & his girlfriend Janet

















Mike and his best buddy Corey. Corey comes down every year and cooks the most fabulous meals. His mexican food night is incredible. He makes these enchiladas and mexican rice and soft tacos that put Los Hermanos to shame. Thanks Corey for feeding us! You are so great!





While the boys were hunting, the rest of the group decided to drive through Capitol Reef, I decided to hang out with my kids back at camp and relax a little. The kids had a blast having "art" time in the back of the truck.




























Fishing at Lower Bowns on the Boulder Mountain. I spent most of my time dealing with Hadlie and her famous fits this day, but everyone else had a good time, and the weather was gorgeous.













Casey & I made dutch oven breakfast's 2 of the mornings. This picture was taken in our trailer right after breakfast.
At the shooting range. We always have fun target shooting and skeet shooting. The kids like playing in the sand and I love the picture of them running down the red sand hill. Ryllie couldn't get enough of her first year with the BB gun. She loved it!






















Is that seriously a dead rabbit that Casey and the girls shot? Why yes, yes it is. Gross!
I love this picture of Grandpa & Cy!
It was a beautiful weekend and we had fun with everyone. I am lucky to have married into such a fun family. Thanks to Mike & Lori for starting this tradition. And Lori, can you start looking like you are camping rather than looking like a super model. Seriously.

3 comments:

Kaysha Alesa said...

Cute boots! I need to find some for Z.

Kaysha Alesa said...

What a fun adventure! I am glad you had fun. I sure am jealous.

Mitsy said...

You have no idea how "Hollie Deprived" I was while you were gone on this trip. I missed my morning wake up calls and when I thought of a dumb question I had to remind myself that you weren't home to call and bug about it. lol. I'm glad you had fun, it looks like it was a blast. Sure do love you.