Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Super Cy!

Cy definitely enjoyed every minute of his birthday today. He had his friends Nate, Jaren, & Matthew over to play and they even brought him some sweet birthday gifts. Nate brought him Diego squirt toys, and Jaren brought him a Curious George Monkey and some books. A big thank you to Nate's & Jaren's moms. They are sure sweet to think of him. Tonight we had the Hansen clan over to celebrate Ryllie & Cy's birthdays. We will be in St. George with my side of the family on Ryllie's. Mike & Lori gave Cy the Incredible Hulk boxing gloves and EVERYONE had fun boxing with eachother. Noelle gave Cy a little foam shooter gun and Uncle Brady took over with that one beaning anyone he could catch off guard. Ryllie got a ToysRus gift card from Mike & Lori, and Noelle gave her HSM jammies, and Brady & Allison gave her a bead set. Both kids are way excited about their gifts. And even though my brownie cake looks gross, it was DELICIOUS! Not to brag or anything.


3 years ago today, I was having the hardest delivery of my life. Poor Cy was ginormous and got stuck. The Dr. had to put the "vacuum" on his head to try to get him out. The epidural was excrutiatingly painful, I felt like I was being electricuted. The nurses & Dr. were about to panic mode when his heart beat stopped and I was pushing with all my might. A nurse literally climbed right on top of me and dug on my lower stomach and somehow dislodged his shoulder. They ran him to the NICU and Casey followed and I was left wondering how he was and what he looked like for nearly 8 hours. He weighed in at 9lbs 12 oz, and was big and beautiful. His white blood count was high and his lungs were struggling a little so he was left in the NICU for 3 days. I couldn't leave him! I was instantly so in love with my precious little boy. They discharged me from the hospital, but not him, and I had no room to go to but did not want to leave his side, so my sore, exhausted body sat in a lounge rocker in the NICU's nursery ALL NIGHT LONG! It was probably one of the most exhausting nights of my life, but my little boy was all worth it. On the 3rd day he was able to go home with a biliblanket for his jaundice. But wait! We couldn't leave the hospital without naming him. Casey & I fought tooth & nail about what to name him. He wanted Salem and I liked the names Asher or Ryder. Cy was a name that Casey had mentioned once (after Cy Young, a baseball player). We decided that was the only name that both of us liked and so we named our cute baby Cy Michael after Casey's dad. This handsome kid means the world to me. I love him so much. I love that he still gives me kisses and tells me he "wuvs" me. I will miss that tremendously when he gets too old and too cool to do that. In the
meantime I will enjoy all the kisses I can get.

3 comments:

Kaysha Alesa said...

CyBORG!! So cute. What a fun day!

Mitsy said...

Cy is so handsome. I love his big eyes! Your little Hadlie Hoo looks so darn cute too! I think I need to come give your kids some smooches. :)

Jan said...

Cy is so stinkin cute. What a neat post. Someday you will be glad you wrote that whole labor and delivery story down so the memory won't fade...maybe you want it too...sounds really hard. Had a similar experience with Sam only he was a breeze to push out, but his problems began right after. He was in the NICU for 8 days. Anyway little "Buzz" is adorable and I hope he had a great b-day...anyone born in October is SUPER gifted anyway!